Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February 1st-4th, Aquabackpackers
















Maddy- Mom said we were going to stay on a houseboat, so I thought it was going to be an actual house on the water (call me a genius.) It was actually a boat with about 22 beds. There were people from all over staying there, but mostly Germans (they seem to be drawn to NZ like flies to a flashlight.) It was cool getting to know people from other countries. There was a little blue penguin that would swim around the boat at night and at random times during the day. You could jump off the boat from anywhere and crazy people jumped from the top deck (dad). Also you could swim to the beach from the boat. The water was cold but I'm a brave little chica. We met an Irish couple who were pretty awesome. Brian, the guy, asked us what kind of "carrots" we played. It took us a minute, but then we figured out he was saying "cards" and not "carrots." Later we played monopoly with them for over 3 hours. I landed on Boardwalk (with a hotel on it) and lost all my money and my electric company. That was not good, but the rest of my stay on the houseboat was the bombshizzle.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Hey, Maddy girl, when you get home, let's watch Tammy and the Bachelor and I'll show you what my impression of houseboat is limited to. (It's either played by Sandra Dee or Debbie Reynolds who rescues a pilot after he crashes in a Mississippi swamp.)

Tell your dad I recently made a remarkable discovery of a plant left in your folk's bedroom that was only mostly dead. Not watered since you left Dec. 7! But to my amazement, it's looking pretty good now.

Love you, Nonny

Hayley said...

Hello. When will you be getting home, exactly? I need to know this. I have my reasons... but we work in mysterious ways... :)

ILY.

Hayley