Tuesday, February 3, 2009

January 30th, Stilt Walking













McKenna- For weeks in New Zealand I have wanted to do bungy jumping or something adventurous or daring. So one day, while we were at the library working on the Internet, I saw across from the library people walking on stilts. "Cool!" I thought. We were about to pack up and get back on the road, when I decided I wanted to go stilt walking too!!! I ran over to see how much it cost and realized I had enough money to do it. I got a quick stilt lesson. The guy was really nice; he got me up on stilts easy as pie. We practiced walking and falling a couple of times. Then I started walking by myself. Soon I got put on higher stilts. He told me I was one of the fastest learners he had had, and that most people did not advance to higher stilts as fast as I did. It was soooooooooooo fun! I'm hooked on it now. (I'm trying to convince my parents to get me stilts.) I was the first in my family to ever do stilt walking. (That made me happy.)

3 comments:

Cassidy said...

Wow Kenna you are amazing!
I am sick right now, but your blog just happinized me !!!!
Anyway, Rachel is like talking about you all the time. She will say " What do you think McKenna is doing right now" or "Maybe she is thinking about us." I wonder what you are doing to when I amawake or asleep. . .! I can't wait till you come back! And is there anything there that you wish Rachel and I could do with you?
Love ya,

Steve R said...

YEA McKENNA! You did something that the other adventure hounds in your family have not done. Way to go girl!

In the last picture it looks like you're on really tall stilts. How far off the ground were you? And when you learned to fall, how do they teach you to fall without hurting yourself. I want to know all about it!

Sally said...

I'm so excited for you, McKenna! We've been praying you would have a special adventure of your very own. I have been so impressed with how well you have handled the disappointment of not being quite big enough to do some of the stuff you wanted to do... and look what you got to do... something that made you as tall on the outside as you have grown on the inside! Congratulations!
(PS Your great-granddad, Honey, built stilts that were so tall he had to climb on top of his house to get up on them. Maybe you got some of your stilt walking talent from him.)

Love you, Nonny