Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 17th, Hagley Park - Christchurch


The past two days in Christchurch we walked, meandered, strolled, smelled and took-in as much of Hagley Park as possible. This is the most beautiful city park I (Curt) have ever seen or spent time in in my whole life! Since we are visiting in the heart of NZ’s summer months, we get to see the perennial, rose, and herb gardens in full bloom. The size of the park is “immense,” and you could easily spend several full days wandering the grounds. This was a real treat for all of us - walking beside the Avon River, enjoying the trees, flowers, bushes and herbs, wandering through the city park and goofing around with each other. Our stint in Christchurch has been great down-time for us and much less full throttle than our last few weeks have been. Since we are heading toward the adventure capital of the world (Queenstown), we needed a little break to rest-up for the adventures that await. Signing off from The Chateau On the Park…

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

Hey kenna, I am writing this from emmi's phone!
It looks like your having a great time..........me I painted my nails earth color!!!!!!!!!!! Alright gonna watch a movie, I miss you so does Emmie! :)

Sally said...

Luv, luv, luv the park. Cute pic under the Rose Sculture, too. Steve and I just took a walk down to Zoka's for coffee. It was nice not to have rain, wind or fire to contend with. (Well, actually, we've not had any problem with fire, but it worked well in the comment.)
Luv you guys,
Mom the Non